Patriot Knowledge Online
Thank you for logging into Patriot Knowledge Online (PKO).

Home of the Citizen Soldier.

Ka-Bar full size fighting knife

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ka-Bar full size fighting knife

Post  Doc_Shane on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:12 am

Introduced in 1943 to the US Marine Corps the Ka-Bar has become an American Icon.

The knife has served in every conflict since it introduction carried by generations of Marines and Soldiers alike.
My particular one is a newer model with the serrations, it has proven very handy as a general purpose camp knife, I have been issued a few different ones over the years but always wanted one for my personal kit.

Cost was about $68, and I feel it is well worth the money.

Constructed of 1095 carbon steel, full tang, with the leather handle and brown USMC marked sheath this is an heirloom quality knife that I will pass on for generations.

The original Ka-Bar that my grandfather carried in the Pacific as a Marine saw action at Tarawa, Guadalcanal, Okinawa, Iwo Jima and a few other places is a special piece of history. Passed down through our family it has served 3 generations in various places around the world.

I highly recommend the knife as a welcome addition to any patriots gear.

Doc_Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Ka-Bar full size fighting knife

Post  ParamilUSMC on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 am

Note: Don't store it in the sheath, it will/may mold the blade up a bit and the handle will do so on the back side as well.

Milk oil will help reduce cracking of the leather handle and sheath.
ParamilUSMC
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc_Shane on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:39 pm

If you want to avoid the hassles of mold and rot, they make them with the Krayton polymer handle and sheath...........

Doc_Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RhythmKing on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:29 pm

They are a nice knife. I've been considering picking up one. I have a bunch of knives I've collected since my teens. The Ka-Bar is a real American classic.

RhythmKing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum