Patriot Knowledge Online
Thank you for logging into Patriot Knowledge Online (PKO).

Home of the Citizen Soldier.

The Oath......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Oath......

Post  Doc_Shane on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Many of us have taken the oath of enlistment, it is time for us to reaffirm that oath.

When we raised our right hand we pledged much as our forefathers did our lives, liberty and sacred honor.

"I, , do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I for one have not forgotten those words I first spoke 24 years ago.

I propose a new one for the Patriot.............

"I, , do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the officers appointed over me, So help me God."

Taking out the part about obeying the President and the UCMJ as it does not apply to the Patriot.

A quote from a Founding Father=
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess highest seats in government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." ~Samuel Adams

Doc_Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Oath......

Post  Paladin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:53 am

Excellent! I'm sure it's no coincidence that our Beloved Leader and his Vice Beloved Leader just took their oaths. Somehow, I don't think they take this oath to support the Constitution as seriously as we did...

Paladin
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Back to top Go down

Post  ParamilUSMC on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:06 am

The way I see it, the part about supporting and defending the constitution of the United States came first in my oath anyways, so it takes precedence over the orders from the president if those orders so happen to clash with the constitution.

I think in time we need a "meet and greet" in a gun friendly state.
ParamilUSMC
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum